Professor of Psychiatry
- Phone: 314-286-1700
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Titles & Roles
- Vice Chairman for Clinical Affairs, Psychiatry
- Director, Inpatient Psychiatry, BJH-Pavilion
Education & Training
- Residency: Washington University School, St. Louis, MO, 1990
- MD: Washington University School, St. Louis, MO, 1985
- PhD: University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL, 1982
- MS: University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL, 1980
- BS: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 1977
- Resident Mentoring Award, Washington University, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Distinguished Educator- Housestaff Teaching Award, Washington University, 2016
- Excellence in Teaching Award, 2011
- Clinical Teacher Of The Year, 2007
- St Louis Magazine’s Best Doctor List, 2006 through the present, 2020
- Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, 2003
Areas of Clinical Interest
My research interests involve suicide and treatments for significant psychiatric illness such as Electroconvulsive Therapy and Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation.
- Jarvis MR, Todd RD, Hickok JM, Ackerman KE, Sherman WR: Analysis of Myo-Inositol Monophosphatase from Transformed Human Lymphocytes. Lithium 1992; 3:49-54.
- Jarvis MR, Zorumski CF, Goewert A, Rasmussen KG: Maintenance electroconvulsive therapy and seizure duration. Convulsive Therapy 1993; 9:8-13.
- Rasmussen KG, Zorumski CF, Jarvis MR: Possible impact of stimulus duration on seizure threshold in ECT. Convulsive Therapy 1994; 10:177-180.
- Isenberg K, Kormos TC, Downs D, Pierce K, Svrakic D, Garcia K, Jarvis M, North C: Low Frequency rTMS Stimulation of the Right Frontal Cortex is as Effective as High Frequency rTMS Stimulation of the Left Frontal Cortex for Antidepressant-Free, Treatment-Resistant, Depressed Patients. Ann. Clin. Psychiatry, 2005; 17(3): 153-159.
- Isenberg KE, Dinwiddie S, Heath AC, Osborne V, Jarvis MR, Spitznagel EL, Zorumski CF, North CS: Effect of electrical parameters on ECT convulsive threshold and duration, Ann.Clin. Psychiatry 2016; 28:105-116
- Duma A, Pal S, Johnston J, Helwani MA, Bhat A, Gill B, Rosenquist J, Cartmill C, Brown F, Miller JP, Scott MG, Sanchez-Conde F, Jarvis M, Farber N, Zorumski CF, Conway C, Nagele P: High-Sensitivity Cardiac Troponin Elevation after Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) A prospective, observational cohort study, Anesthesiology April 2017: V 126 No 4