Professor of Psychiatry
- Phone: 314-362-5041
- Email: email@example.com
Additional Titles & Roles
- Professor of Neurology, of Radiology, and of Neuroscience
Education & Training
- Fellowship: Movement Disorders and Neuroimaging: Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 1996
- Residency: Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 1994
- MD: Duke University, Durham, NC, 1990
- BS: Mathematics: Brigham Young University, Provo, UT, 1986
- Certification in Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychiatry, United Council for Neurologic Subspecialties (UCNS), 2006,, 2016
- Listed in Castle Connolly’s American’s Top Doctors, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Elected by his peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America®, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Named a Fellow of the American Neuropsychiatric Association, 2006
- Hope Award from the St. Louis chapter of the HDSA (Huntington Disease Society of America), 2006
- American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP) / Bristol-Myers Squibb Travel Award, 2001
Areas of Clinical Interest
Tourette syndrome (TS) and other tic disorders, neuropsychiatry of Parkinson’s disease and dystonia, Huntington’s disease, tardive dyskinesia, catatonia, psychogenic or atypical movement disorders
Neuroimaging methods development including pharmacological fMRI.
Tourette syndrome (TS) and other tic disorders.
Neuroimaging and clinical studies in TS and other movement disorders.
Methods development for analyzing results of deep brain stimulation (DBS).
- *Greene DJ, *Williams AC III, Koller JM, Schlaggar BL, Black KJ, The Tourette Association of America Neuroimaging Consortium (2016). Brain structure in pediatric Tourette syndrome. Mol Psychiatry. 22(7): 972-80. PubMed PMID: 27777415 PubMedCentral PMCID: PMC5405013 DOI: 10.1038/mp.2016.194
Read publication »Brain structure in pediatric Tourette syndrome.
- Black KJ, Black ER, Greene DJ, Schlaggar BL (2016). Provisional Tic Disorder: what to tell parents when their child first starts ticcing [version 1]. F1000Res 5:696. PubMed PMID: 27158458 PubMedCentral PMCID: PMC4850871 DOI: 10.12688/f1000research.8428.1
Read publication »Carbon monoxide-stimulated respiration in methane-utilizing bacteria.
- Koller JM, Vachon MJ, Bretthorst GL, Black KJ (2016 April). Rapid quantitative pharmacodynamic imaging with Bayesian estimation. Front Neurosci. 10: 144. PubMed PMID: 27092045 PubMedCentral PMCID: PMC4825616 DOI: 10.3389/fnins.2016.00144
Read publication »Rapid Quantitative Pharmacodynamic Imaging with Bayesian Estimation.
- Greene DJ, Church JA, Dosenbach NUF, Nielsen AN, Adeyemo B, Nardos B, Petersen SE, Black KJ, Schlaggar BL (2016). Multivariate pattern classification of pediatric Tourette syndrome using functional connectivity MRI. Dev Sci. 19(4): 581-98. PubMed PMID: 26834084 PubMedCentral PMCID: PMC4945470 DOI: 10.1111/desc.12407
Read publication »Multivariate pattern classification of pediatric Tourette syndrome using functional connectivity MRI.
- Eisenstein SA, Koller JM, Black KD, Campbell MC, Lugar HM, Ushe M, Tabbal SD, Karimi M, Hershey T, Perlmutter JS, Black KJ (2014 Aug). Functional anatomy of subthalamic nucleus stimulation in Parkinson disease. Ann Neurol. 76(2): 279-95. PubMed PMID 24953991 PubMedCentral PMCID: PMC4172323 DOI: 10.1002/ana.24204
Read publication »Functional anatomy of subthalamic nucleus stimulation in Parkinson disease.
- Black KJ, Koller JM, Campbell MC, Gusnard DA, Bandak SI (2010 Dec 1). Quantification of indirect pathway inhibition by the adenosine A2a antagonist SYN115 in Parkinson disease. J Neurosci. 30(48): 16284-92. PubMed PMID 21123574 PubMedCentral PMCID: PMC3008651 DOI: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.2590-10.2010
Read publication »Quantification of indirect pathway inhibition by the adenosine A2a antagonist SYN115 in Parkinson disease.
Funded Research Projects
NIMH (PI):The New Tics study: A novel approach to pathophysiology and cause of tic disorders
Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (PI):Dopamine buffering capacity measured by phMRI as a novel biomarker of disease progression in PD
NIDDK (Significant Contributor):Early Predictors of Brain Health and Development in Youth with T1DM
Tourette Association of America (Significant Contributor):Testing a Pathophysiological Model of Complex Tics
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals (site PI): An Open-label, 8-Week Study of Safety and Efficacy for Adjunctive Pimavanserin Treatment in Adults With Parkinson’s Disease and Inadequately Controlled Depression (ACP-103-048)