Neha Navsaria Kirtane
Associate Professor of Psychiatry (Child)
- Phone: 314-286-1700
- Email: email@example.com
Additional Titles & Roles
- Co-Director, Psychotherapy Training Clinic & Seminar
- Co-Director, Preschool Mental Health Clinic
- Clinical Director, SYNCHRONY Project
Education & Training
- Postdoctoral traning: Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 2011
- Clinical Fellowship: The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, 2008
- PhD: Counseling Psychology: Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, 2008
- MA: Developmental Psychology: Columbia University, New York, NY, 2008
- BA: Psychology: Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA, 2003
- Excellence In Teaching Award, 2014
- American Psychological Foundation Okura Mental Health Leadership Fellow, 2011
- Sigma Xi: The Scientific Research Society Research Grant, 2006
- Asian American Psychological Association Dissertation Award, 2006
- Pennsylvania Psychological Foundation Education Award, 2005
Areas of Clinical Interest
Social and emotional development in early childhood
Parent-child relational therapy
Interventions in the context of play
Risk and resilience in young children
Effectiveness of parent-child therapies
Ethnic identity development
- Navsaria, N., Gilbert, K., Whealen, D. & Lenze, S. (2017). Effects of early environment and caregiving. In J. Luby (Ed.), Handbook of Preschool Mental Health, 2nd edition. Guilford Press.
- Navsaria, N. & Hong, J. (2016). Prevention in early childhood: Models of parenting intervention among immigrants. In M. Israelashvili and J.L. Romano (Eds.), Cambridge Handbook of International Prevention Science. Cambridge University Press.
- Constantino, J.N., Ben-David, V., Navsaria, N., Spiegel, T.S., Glowinski, A.L., Rogers, C. & Jonson-Reid, M. (2016). Two-generation psychiatric intervention in the prevention of early childhood maltreatment recidivism. American Journal of Psychiatry.
- Navsaria, N. & Luby, J.L. (2015). Assessing the Pre-School Age Child. In M. Dulcan (Ed.), Dulcan’s Textbook of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 2nd Edition. American Psychiatric Publishing.
- Luby, J.L. & Navsaria, N. (2010). Pediatric bipolar disorder: Evidence for prodromal states and early markers. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 23(5), 717-725.
- Kazak, A., Rourke, M. & Navsaria, N. (2009). Families and other systems in pediatric psychology. In M. Roberts (Ed.), Handbook of Pediatric Psychology, 4th edition. New York: Guilford.