Additional Titles & Roles
- Vice Chair for Clinical Affairs
- Director of Forensic Psychiatry
- Associate Director, Psychiatry Residency Training Program
Education & Training
- Fellowship: Forensic Psychiatry: University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY, 2002
- Residency: Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 2001
- MD: University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, 1997
- BS: Psychology: University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, 1993
- Best Doctors in America, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2019
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Washington University School of Medicine Department of Psychiatry, 2009
- Chief Resident in Psychiatry, Washington University, 2001
- Psi Chi, National Psychology Honor Society, 1992
- The University of Iowa College of Liberal Arts Honors Program, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993
Areas of Clinical Interest
- Swallow M., Ciccone JR: Legal Digest. J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 30(3): 447-456, 2002.
- Swallow M., Yutzy, S.H., Dinwiddie, S.H., Forensic Issues. In Rubin, E.H., Zorumski, C.F. (Ed.) Washington University Adult Psychiatry, St. Louis, MO., Blackwell: 420-428, 2005
- Dinwiddie, S.H., Swallow, M., Yutzy, S.H., Ethical Issues in Psychiatric Practice. In Rubin, E.H., Zorumski, C.F. (Ed.) Washington University Adult Psychiatry, St. Louis, MO., Blackwell: 429-537, 2005.
- Newman WJ, Harbit MA (2010). Folie a deux and the courts. J Am Acad Psychiatry Law. 38(3): 369-75.
Read publication »Folie a deux and the courts.