Associate Professor of Psychiatry (Child)
- Phone: 314-286-1700
- Email: email@example.com
Education & Training
- Fellowship: Child Psychiatry: Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 2010
- Residency: Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 2008
- MD: Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 2005
- BA: Psychology: Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, 1998
- Eli Robbins Award, for excellence in research and clinical psychiatry, Washington University Department of Psychiatry, 2010
- APA American Psychiatric Leadership Fellow (formerly GlaxoSmithKline fellowship) 2007, 2008, 2009
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 2005
Areas of Clinical Interest
Evaluation of social and emotional development in preterm toddlers and preschoolers.
Treatment and evaluation of Perinatal Psychiatric disorders.
Evaluation and treatment of psychiatric illness in high risk toddlers and preschoolers.
Neuroimaging biomarkers of abnormal social and emotional development in formerly preterm children.
Effects of adverse environmental factors like parental psychopathology and child maltreatment on social and emotional development of preterm and full term infants.
- Rogers CE, Sylvester CM, Mintz C, Kenley JK, Shimony JS, Barch DM, Smyser CD, (2017 Feb). Neonatal Amygdala Functional Connectivity at Rest in Healthy and Preterm Infants and Early Internalizing Symptoms. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 56(2): 157-166.
Read publication »Neonatal Amygdala Functional Connectivity at Rest in Healthy and Preterm Infants and Early Internalizing Symptoms.
- Rogers CE, Lenze SN, Luby JL, (2013 Mar). Late preterm birth, maternal depression, and risk of preschool psychiatric disorders. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 52(3): 309-18.
Read publication »Late preterm birth, maternal depression, and risk of preschool psychiatric disorders.
- Regional white matter development in very preterm infants: perinatal predictors and early developmental outcomes. Rogers CE, Smyser T, Smyser CD, Shimony J, Inder TE, Neil JJ. Pediatr Res. 2016 Jan; 79(1-1)87-95. doi: 10.1038/pr.2015.172.
- Cortical Gray and Adjacent White Matter Demonstrate Synchronous Maturation in Very Preterm Infants. Smyser TA, Smyser CD, Rogers CE, Gillespie SK, Inder TE, Neil JJ. Cereb Cortex. 2015 Jul 24; pii: bhv164.
- Altered gray matter volume and school age anxiety in children born late preterm. Rogers CE, Barch DM, Sylvester CM, Pagliaccio D, Harms MP, Botteron KN, Luby JL J Pediatr. 2014 Nov; 165(5)928-35. doi: 10.1016/j.jpeds.2014.06.063.
- Hartz SM, Bierut LJ (2010 Mar). Genetics of addictions. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 33(1): 107-24.
Read publication »Genetics of addictions.
Funded Research Projects
NIMH(PI):Predicting Preschool Psychopathology with Brain Connectivity in Preterm Neonates
Steward Family(PI):Perinatal Behavioral Health Service
Maternal, Child & Family Health Coalition(PI):Washington University Perinatal Behavioral Health Service
Maternal, Child & Family Health Coalition(PI):The Washington University-PBHI-Psychiatric Training and Consultation
Doris Duke Charitable Foundation(PI):Doris Duke Fund to Retain Clinical Scientists (DDFRCS)