Additional Titles & Roles
- Director, Psychiatry Clerkship
- Director, Psychiatry for the Generalist Selective
- Clinical Curriculum Committee member
- Course Master, PGY1 Summer Lecture Series
Education & Training
- Residency: Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 2014
- MD: Creighton University, Omaha, NE, 2010
- BA: Psychology: Creighton University, Omaha, NE, 2006
- Excellence in Teaching Award, 2017, 2019
- Resident Mentoring Award, 2018
- Gene Rubin Award, 2012
Areas of Clinical Interest
Adult psychiatric illnesses including Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, and Personality Disorders.
- Cristancho P, O’Connor B, Lenze EJ, Blumberger DM, Reynolds CF, Dixon D, Mulsant BH, (2017 Jun). Treatment Emergent Suicidal Ideation in depressed older adults. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 32(6): 596-604.
Read publication »Treatment Emergent Suicidal Ideation in depressed older adults.
- Espejo G, O’Connor B. “Psychiatry”. Ciesielski, Thomas M and De Fer, Thomas M (eds.). The Washington Manual Internship Survival Guide. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer, 2019.
- O’Connor BJ, Conway CR. Continuation therapies after successful treatment with electroconvulsive therapy in major depressive disorder. Psychiatric Annals 2019:49(4):164-268