Additional Titles & Roles
- Faculty Scholar, Washington University Institute for Public Health
Education & Training
- Postdoctoral Training: Social Work: Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 2015
- PhD: Applied Psychology: Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL, 2012
- MA: Applied Psychology: Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL, 2010
- BS: Psychology: University of Evansville, Evansville, IN, 2008
Implementation of evidence-based treatments for substance use disorders
Integrating genomic applications into clinical practice
Use of technology-based tools to support treatment delivery
Organizational behavior and change in health care settings
- Ramsey AT, Chen LS, Hartz SM, Saccone NL, Fisher SL, Proctor EK, Bierut LJ. (2018 Jan). Toward the implementation of genomic applications for smoking cessation and smoking-related diseases. Transl Behav Med. 8(1): 7-17.
Read publication »Toward the implementation of genomic applications for smoking cessation and smoking-related diseases.
- Ramsey AT, Bray M, Acayo Laker P, Bourdon JL, Dorsey A, Zalik M, Pietka A, Salyer P, Waters EA, Chen LS, Bierut LJ, (2020 Mar). Participatory design of a personalized genetic risk tool to promote behavioral health. Cancer Prev Res.
Read publication »Participatory Design of a Personalized Genetic Risk Tool to Promote Behavioral Health.
- Ramsey AT, Proctor EK, Chambers DA, Garbutt JM, Malone S, Powderly WG, Bierut LJ. (2019 Jul). Designing for accelerated translation (DART) of emerging innovations in health. J Clin Transl Sci. 3(2-3): 53-58.
Read publication »Designing for Accelerated Translation (DART) of emerging innovations in health
- Ramsey AT, Lord S, Torrey J, Marsch L, Lardiere M. (2016 Jan). Paving the way to successful implementation: Identifying key barriers to use of technology-based therapeutic tools for behavioral health care. J Behav Health Serv Res. 43(1): 54-70.
Read publication »Paving the Way to Successful Implementation: Identifying Key Barriers to Use of Technology-Based Therapeutic Tools for Behavioral Health Care.
- Ramsey AT, Prentice D, Ballard E, Chen LS, Bierut LJ. (2019 Jul). Leverage points to improve smoking cessation treatment in a large tertiary care hospital: a systems-based mixed methods study. BMJ Open. 9(7): e030066.
Read publication »Leverage points to improve smoking cessation treatment in a large tertiary care hospital: a systems-based mixed methods study.
- Ramsey AT, Satterfield JM, Gerke DR, Proctor EK. (2019 Apr). Technology-based alcohol interventions in primary care: Systematic review. J Med Internet Res. 21(4):e10859.
Read publication »Technology-Based Alcohol Interventions in Primary Care: Systematic Review
Funded Research Projects
NIDA (K12 Scholar): Washington University Career Development Program in Drug Abuse and Addiction
NCI (Co-I): Implementation Science Center for Cancer Control (WU-ISCCC)
NCI (Supplement Co-I): Cancer Center Tobacco Cessation
Cancer Research UK (Co-I): OptiMine: Optimizing the Mining of Electronic Health Record Data to Increase Uptake of Cancer Prevention Digital Interventions
PCORI (Collaborator): Optimizing Outcomes in Treatment-Resistant Depression in Older Adults
Foundation for Barnes-Jewish Hospital (PI): Reducing Disparities in Hospital Prescribing of Smoking Cessation Pharmacotherapy