Education & Training
- Senior Scientist: Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 2021
- Postdoctoral Research Associate: Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 2020
- Ph.D., Computer Science and Engineering (CSE): University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, 2015
- M.S., Information Systems Development: HAN University of Applied Sciences, Arnhem,, The Netherlands, 2005
- B.S., Computer Science: University of Aljabal Algharbi, Libya, 1996
- The John Richard Binford Memorial Award. In recognition of the excellence for performance in graduate work., 2015
- The Graduate Dean’s Citations, 2015
- CSE Doctoral Award., 2015
My research interests lie in the field of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology. More specifically, I am interested in the development of computational algorithms and machines learning approaches to integrate and interpret multiple large-scale modalities of “omics” data to better understand the biology of multiple neurodegenerative diseases with more emphasis on Alzheimer’s disease.
- Wani A, Zhu J, Ulrich JD, Eteleeb A, Sauerbeck AD, Reitz SJ, Arhzaouy K, Ikenaga C, Yuede CM, Pittman SK, Wang F, Li S, Benitez BA, Cruchaga C, Kummer TT, Harari O, Chou TF, Schröder R, Clemen CS, Weihl CC, (2021 Jul). Neuronal VCP loss of function recapitulates FTLD-TDP pathology. Cell Rep. 36(3): 109399.
Read publication »Neuronal VCP loss of function recapitulates FTLD-TDP pathology.
- Bigley, Tarin M., Monica Xiong, Muhammad Ali, Yun Chen, Chao Wang, Javier Remolina Serrano, Abdallah Eteleeb et al. “Murine roseolovirus does not accelerate amyloid-ß pathology and human roseoloviruses are not over-represented in Alzheimer disease brains.” Molecular Neurodegeneration 17, no. 1 (2022): 1-17.
- Chen, Hsiang-Han, Abdallah Eteleeb, Ciyang Wang, Maria Victoria Fernandez, John P. Budde, Kristy Bergmann, Joanne Norton et al. “Circular RNA detection identifies circPSEN1 alterations in brain specific to Autosomal Dominant Alzheimer Disease.” medRxiv (2021).
- Eteleeb AM, Quigley DA, Zhao SG, Pham D, Yang R, Dehm SM, Luo J, Feng FY, Dang HX, Maher CA, (2020 09). SV-HotSpot: detection and visualization of hotspots targeted by structural variants associated with gene expression. Sci Rep. 10(1): 15890.
Read publication »SV-HotSpot: detection and visualization of hotspots targeted by structural variants associated with gene expression.
- Zhang, Jin, Abdallah M. Eteleeb, Emily B. Rozycki, Matthew J. Inkman, Amy Ly, Russell E. Scharf, Kay Jayachandran et al. “DANSR: A Tool for the Detection of Annotated and Novel Small RNAs.” Non-Coding RNA 8, no. 1 (2022): 9.
- White NM, Zhao SG, Zhang J, Rozycki EB, Dang HX, McFadden SD, Eteleeb AM, Alshalalfa M, Vergara IA, Erho N, Arbeit JM, Karnes RJ, Den RB, Davicioni E, Maher CA, (2017 02). Multi-institutional Analysis Shows that Low PCAT-14 Expression Associates with Poor Outcomes in Prostate Cancer. Eur Urol. 71(2): 257-266.
Read publication »Multi-institutional Analysis Shows that Low PCAT-14 Expression Associates with Poor Outcomes in Prostate Cancer.