Professor of Psychiatry (Child)
- Phone: 314-286-1700
- Email: email@example.com
Additional Titles & Roles
- Director, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship
- Associate Director, Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Coursemaster, Psychiatric Epidemiology Across the Lifespan
Education & Training
- Research Fellowship: Psychiatric Epidemiology and Biostatistics: University of Paris, France, 2001
- Fellowship: Child & Adolescent Psychiatry: Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, 1997
- Residency: Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, 1995
- MD: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 1992
- BS: University of Houston, Houston, TX, 1988
- BS: University of Paris, France, 1985
- WUSM Humanism in Medicine Award, 2017, 2017
- WUSM Department of Psychiatry Excellence in Mentoring Award, 2012, 2013, 2015
- WUSM Department of Psychiatry Excellence in Teaching Award, 2007, 2009
- “Best Doctors in America” 2007-,
- “St. Louis Top Doctors” 2008-,
- NARSAD Klerman Award for Outstanding Clinical Research Achievement (Honorable Mention), 2005
Areas of Clinical Interest
Child and adolescent psychiatry, family psychiatry, depression and suicidal behaviors, early socio-emotional behavioral development, Population and Global Health
Analysis of existing twin-family data sets and collection of new data from twin subjects and their families for studies focused on the familial transmission of youth depression, youth suicidal behavior and comorbidity. Longitudinal studies involving toddler twins, focusing on GXE interplays in developmental psychopathology. Global Mental Health.
- Wilcox HC, Fullerton JM, Glowinski AL, Benke K, Kamali M, Hulvershorn LA, Stapp EK, Edenberg HJ, Roberts GMP, Ghaziuddin N, Fisher C, Brucksch C, Frankland A, Toma C, Shaw AD, Kastelic E, Miller L, McInnis MG, Mitchell PB, Nurnberger JI, (2017 Dec). Traumatic Stress Interacts With Bipolar Disorder Genetic Risk to Increase Risk for Suicide Attempts. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 56(12): 1073-1080.
Read publication »Traumatic Stress Interacts With Bipolar Disorder Genetic Risk to Increase Risk for Suicide Attempts.
- Constantino JN, Kennon-McGill S, Weichselbaum C, Marrus N, Haider A, Glowinski AL, Gillespie S, Klaiman C, Klin A, Jones W, (2017 07). Infant viewing of social scenes is under genetic control and is atypical in autism. Nature. 547(7663): 340-344.
Read publication »Infant viewing of social scenes is under genetic control and is atypical in autism.
- Glowinski AL, D’Amelio G, (2016 12). Depression Is a Deadly Growing Threat to Our Youth: Time to Rally. Pediatrics. 138(6):
Read publication »Depression Is a Deadly Growing Threat to Our Youth: Time to Rally.
- Marrus N, Glowinski AL, Jacob T, Klin A, Jones W, Drain CE, Holzhauer KE, Hariprasad V, Fitzgerald RT, Mortenson EL, Sant SM, Cole L, Siegel SA, Zhang Y, Agrawal A, Heath AC, Constantino JN, (2015 Dec). Rapid video-referenced ratings of reciprocal social behavior in toddlers: a twin study. J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 56(12): 1338-46.
Read publication »Rapid video-referenced ratings of reciprocal social behavior in toddlers: a twin study.
- Fallucco EM, Conlon MK, Gale G, Constantino JN, Glowinski AL, (2012 Jul). Use of a standardized patient paradigm to enhance proficiency in risk assessment for adolescent depression and suicide. J Adolesc Health. 51(1): 66-72.
Read publication »Use of a standardized patient paradigm to enhance proficiency in risk assessment for adolescent depression and suicide.
- Glowinski AL, (2011 Mar). Reactive attachment disorder: an evolving entity. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 50(3): 210-2.
Read publication »
Funded Research Projects
Co-PI: NIMH-WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY PSYCHIATRY RESIDENCY RESEARCH EDUCATION PROGRAM
Klingenstein Third Generation Foundation(PI):Fellowship for Medical Student Training Program at WUSM
Department of Health and Human Services(Key Personnel):Brown Center for Violence and Injury Prevention
Gephardt Institute for Civic and Community Engagement(PI):Body and Soul
Consultant: AFSP Adjunctive Nitrous Oxide for Acute Suicidal Ideation in Unipolar Depressed Hospitalized Patients