Dr. Alex Kaplan maintained a close affiliation with the Department as a member of the voluntary clinical faculty from 1946 until his death in 1996. Dr. Kaplan was the Psychiatrist-in-Chief at Jewish Hospital from about 1958 until 1966. He was the acting director of the Community Child Guidance Clinic from 1955 to 1958. He was a prominent member of the St. Louis psychoanalytic community. Dr. Kaplan was a regular attendee of departmental Grand Rounds and was always willing to share his knowledge. An endowed lectureship was established in his honor. For a list of Kaplan Lecturers, click here.